Jayomega was born Jared T. Jackson in the Bronx, NY on October 27th, 1989. From his early ages, he was always interested in music because of the musical talents, as well as the wide variety of tunes he would hear in his household between his mother and older brother. Having “the voice” had run in the family. His mother had been a very talented headliner at church in her ealier years, and his older brother a talented hip-hop artist.
It was clear to him that he was destined to become a child of hip-hop himself at the age of 13 when he began to write and recite music around his friends, family and random peers at school for fun and received more praise than expected. With the support of his friends and family, he carefully began to get more and more serious about his music – starting to write songs with chorus’, concepts and full verses. In his freshman year of High School (2003), he met Jarel Benjamin, better known as “Benny Wave”. Together, they founded the Hip-Hop group “The Street Officials”.
In 2004, Jayomega moved from the Bronx to East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania with his mother. By the age of 16, he had acquired enough equipment to put together his own basic studio set up, and by the end of 2006 had released his first independent mixtape: “The Worlds Omega” which featured 24 songs with production and features from many fellow artist who supported his music.
From that point, he has:
- Released 9 more independent Mixtapes
- Been featured on various hip-hop/R&B radio shows / blogs
- Been featured in an online hip-hop magazine: “Street Wize Magazine”
- Landed #1 Unsigned Hip-Hop artist in the world on Myspace.com (remember Myspace?!)
- Took 1st place in an Urban Kingz showcase hosted by Def Jam
- Produced, engineered and Co-Hosts what you all now know as “The Officially Street Podcast”
Listen and enjoy.